Hi Beauties, today I have an informative post about Matcha Green Tea and the benefits it can have for your health. Matcha Green Tea has been featured in many of the top magazines, blogs and even on the Dr Oz show for its incredible benefits. I am a lover of green tea for many years and I usually consume about 1 to 2 cups of green tea daily and let me just say that green tea is wonderful for your skin and for your health. The question you probably asking is ‘What makes Matcha green tea different from the ordinary green teabags you purchase from most stores?’ So I am here to tell you all the added benefits you can get from Matcha green tea and how it can make a huge impact on your health – I have tried and tested this product for a month now so I am proof that it works. I was sent a package from a company called Just Matcha and they were kind enough to send me a tin of Matcha green tea and the Matcha essentials kit for me to review.
Just Matcha Background
Having heard about the excellent health benefits of Matcha green tea buzzing around the world, we decided to try and source the highest quality Matcha green tea and bring it home to South Africa.
In our search, we discovered a beautiful, authentic Matcha plantation in Uji, Kyoto in Japan, which happens to be the birthplace of the Japanese tea culture. The more we learned about their growing methods the more we were convinced that we had found the plantation from which we could import the highest quality Matcha green tea. Their growing process is meticulous to the point of hand-picking each individual leaf, which produces a smooth, mellow flavour and deep aroma.
Through our research we have also realized what an amazing product Matcha green tea really is. The health benefits we have become aware of have made us passionate about the nutritious little gem it is and we are proud to be able to offer it on our site. As we looked deeper we have also come to understand that there are a huge variety of different types and grades of Matcha green tea and different methods of using it. Starting with the Matcha Superior we intend to be able to offer all our tea-loving customers many different grades so you will be able to use it in baking, cooking and brewing and whatever else your heart desires. We also offer the traditional Japanese tea-making implements, used in the ancient tea ceremony. Just so that you can get the full Matcha experience.
We hope you grow to appreciate this fantastic tea as much as we do.
What is Matcha Green Tea?
‘Matcha tea is unique because with any other tea, the leaves are steeped and some of the nutrients are drawn out, but the remaining good stuff is thrown out when you dispose of the leaves. The meaning of the word ‘matcha’ is literally ‘powdered tea’, because the rich, green leaves are ground to a fine powder and dissolved in to each little cuppa. So, when you drink a cup of Matcha tea, you are getting every bit of good stuff you can. Not a smidgen is wasted!’
Just Matcha Claims
Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
- When you drink matcha you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients of the leaf
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content.
Just one cup of Matcha green tea a day and you could be enjoying these awesome benefits:
• Fight cancer cells
• Lower cholesterol
• Increase weight loss
• Kill free radicals
• Ward off bacterial infection and illness
• Prevent viral infections
• Moderate allergies
• Oral deodorant and sterilizer
• Prevent dental cavities
• Improve memory and concentration
• Enhance cognitive function
• Boost immune function
• Reduce blemishes, wrinkles and sun-damage
• Raise energy levels and alertness
• Alkalize the blood
• Regulate the heartbeat
• Build strong teeth and bones.
In fact, you’d have to be crazy not to drink it!
The reason you don’t want to waste a drop is the key combination of nutritional components:
• Catechins and EGCG – Bioflavonoids that have excellent anti-virals and anti-oxidant properties. These incredible components inhibit the growth of cancer cells, unblock arteries, prevent bad LDL cholesterol and promote good HDL cholesterol levels. They also promote healthy energy consumption in the body, thereby reducing fat. These powerhouses also have excellent anti-bacterial properties. Studies have even found that gargling with green tea can prevent influenza and infections, as well as promote healthy gums and prevent bad breath.
• L-Theanine – An amino acid that stimulates alpha brain waves. It creates a relaxed, yet alert mind, allowing one clear focus. Theanine tempers the natural caffeine in green tea, increasing energy without causing a jittery feeling. Dopamine levels are also increased by L-Theanine which improves memory.
• Vitamin C – A water soluble variety of this vitamin is contained in Matcha which loses none of its potency or efficacy in the brewing process. The combination of Catechins, Vitamin E and Vitamin C contained in Matcha work together to reduce blemishes, wrinkles and sun damages.
• Caffeine – Natural, mild caffeine which has been shown to increase mental alertness, cognitive function and increase weight loss.
• Chlorophyll – A powerful detoxifier which helps the body to rid itself of toxins and heavy metals. Matcha contains even more chlorophyll because it is grown in the shade before harvest.
• Minerals – Potassium, Manganese and Calcium are all present in Matcha which assist in alkalizing blood, regulating the heartbeat and strengthening teeth and bones.
Essentially, Matcha is an incredible little super-food that you need to get into your body now, so it can start working its magic! And to get all the benefits its as simple as drinking a cup of tea.
Firstly, let me tell you that Matcha green tea is much stronger in taste compared to normal green tea as it is a purer form – many people may find it difficult to drink this tea but you get used to it. You can start of with adding less powder to your water in the beginning and then as time goes by, you can increase the amount. I enjoy preparing Matcha tea in the traditional way by using the essential kit – I will tell you at the end of the post what the kits contains and how much it costs. My first try at making the Matcha tea was not so successful but it does get better as you practice more, however the tea in the picture for this post was not as I hoped it would be.
Matcha tea is prepared in a traditional way whereby you whisk the powder and water to get a creamy froth, again it is not so easy – in the start just enjoy drinking the tea and you will master the art of making this tea with time. For full instructions and a step by step tutorial on how to prepare Matcha tea then please visit Just Matcha website here.
Recently I had a bit of a breakout and drinking Matcha tea has cleared my skin and has given me so much energy. If you have been reading my recent posts then you will know just how exhausted I have been and this tea has made a huge difference in my health – I have much more energy and I don’t feel drained out anymore. I do not drink any green tea at night especially Matcha tea as it gives me too much energy and I will not be able to sleep. If you have a problem with keeping up with the rat race in todays times then Matcha green tea is just what you need to give you the boost to keep up.
Matcha tea is a beautiful and rich green that can be used in so many different ways like adding it to your smoothies, cooking, baking and not forgetting your skin. I have made a face mask with matcha tea, honey and a little milk and it makes my skin feel amazing – you can view recipes and other uses on Just Matcha website. I usually drink Matcha tea about 3 to 4 times a week as it is potent compared to normal green teabags and I am convinced that this tea will make a difference to your health as I have noticed in myself.
A 40g tin of Matcha Superior costs R390
Matcha Essentials Kit consists of : Matcha Chawan bowl, Chasen bamboo whisk, Chashaku Bamboo Spoon, Kusenaoshi Whisk Holder and costs R910
Just Matcha is one of the most reputable companies in South Africa and have been featured in some of South Africa’s leading magazines for their quality in products and excellent service. Just Matcha offers free delivery to your door on all orders within South Africa – so don’t delay and order your Matcha green tea today!
Visit Just Matcha website to place your order – click here